Project Duration: Five days.
Linkforce were contracted to undertake a series of projects within the primary area of OHP1, at Area C.
Overall the project was broken up into five main areas as below:
- Design and fabricate custom sleigh to house winch for pulling and replacing apron feeder belt. This was fabricated offsite but installed during the shutdown.
- Remove and replace apron feeder
- Jaw crusher reline and jaw crusher feed chute structural repairs
- Grizzly underflow rebuild inclusive of extensive repairs to beam and walls.
- With completion required in 124 hours Linkforce Engineering faced varying challenges with time, elements, multiple work fronts with men and plant in a tight constrained area.
After initial consultation with the client, Linkforce Engineering put together a detailed safety management plan and Gantt for the project. In readiness for the project commencement Linkforce Engineering mobilised a fully self sufficient Plant, Tooling and labour force.
The tooling and plant consisted of Custom Tool Trailers, Custom Mobile Scaffold Yard, and lifting machinery. The labour force consisted of management, Fitters, Boilermakers, Scaffolders and Riggers. With the emphasis on different work areas, Linkforce supplied a dedicated team of two Safety and Training Officers to oversee operational and procedural compliance.